Thursday, March 12, 2015

On this Holi

'Okay, go to sleep now and dont forget to send me pics of you drenched in colors' she said with a giggle. 'well thats not gonna happen, no colors this time, i have to catch my flight to US just the day after tomorrow and i dont want immigration officer to throw me out.'
'oops, i married a boring guy' she laughed.
'yes you did'

I see children running on the street with colors, water balloons and felt i should have postponed my travel. when friends called, gave it on their face, 'dude i have to travel tomorrow'. people all around were colored and i was busy shining my teeth. i saw my father sitting and watching TV. Well, i joined him with a cup of tea in my hand.

'i guess i am growing old' i told my cousin who was already unrecognizable, asked why i was not going out with my friends to play Holi.

Then out of sudden something changed. i started shouting half sentences like 'bloody, its a new jeans' 'tomorrow travel...' not the fucking face...' and so damn on. bunch of my friends were already on me. colors everywhere, the one which takes at least 5 days to lighten. In few minutes i was in front of my house, in a condition, if my mom sees she would give me a rupee coin and some rice for my children.

After exchange of few cuss words we all were sitting on the road, eating gujhiya which my cousin bought from inside. 'now lets go to Amit's house, he was also saying he wont come'. we all laughed and careless of my travel, i was already on my way with them.

'you are not old at all' shouted my cousin. and i saw me and the gang of my friends. it was true. half of them were married, few of them were fathers, but none was old. we were celebrating Holi same as we celebrated when we were in primary school, carefree.

And when i sent this pic to her, 'you are so damn unpredictable' was the reply. Without any exceptions Holi remains my favorite festival of all. Happy Holi.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment