Monday, April 23, 2012

Yes, i am left handed !!


‘Hey, Are you left hander?’ she asked as if I have removed ‘and’ from ‘hander’ and just ‘left her’.  Her eyes were still stretched; I thought not to give an answer, which she already knew by seeing me write with my left hand, just to check if the eye balls fall from the skull, alas! It never happened and she shouted, ‘will you answer?’
‘What do you think? Am I such a huge fan of Saurav Ganguly (only left handed person which came to my mind at the moment) that being a right hander, I will write with my left hand?’
‘If at all any such time will come, that you will answer normally?’ she grinned just to find a single word answer ‘No’. Now you can understand why there have been lists of break-ups in my not so long life. Don’t worry; I am pretty much positive that the list will increase.
After a big long pause she said, ’you never told me about this before’ (see, it’s not me, it’s she who wants an increment in the list by one’. I just kept my mouth shut, just to avoid saying something stupid. ‘If you won’t explain this, you will find yourself sitting here alone’
Next moment I was sitting there alone, calmly, peacefully and with a great sense of harmony. (No no, not yet broke up, else I would have used prefixes like ultimate internal calm, heavenly peace and eternal harmony)
Coming to the point and the basic question ‘are you a left hander?’ have been an inseparable part of me, which, sometimes, frustrates me to hell, not literally though. It’s a lemon’s task, to ask the question and forget, just to ask it again when you see me using my left hand, pathetic.  It makes me a minority, a victim of the so called right hander’s world. From combing my hair left to right, to shaking hands with someone, unless he is a scout, everything I have to modify according to world’s undefined rule of using right hand. I have struggled to use ink pens as my hand moves after the pen making the ink spill (unless I am writing Urdu), I have struggled to button my shirt as the buttons are always in right side, I have struggled to eat lunch unless I am eating alone or sitting on the left corner of the bench. If you think these issues are over as a grownup then think again, cause, in the technically growing world, I have to use the mouse and the laptops, which are designed just to make life easy only for a guy who is right handed.
‘Sir would you like to have anything else’ a beautiful voice, with a beautiful smile was in front of me.
‘yes of course’ was an instant reply, then I realized if I sit here long, the one who left me, might come back and increase the total amount spent, so I just added, ‘check, please’ the beautiful smile turned into beautiful frown, why not? A frown also can be beautiful if it is saving you some bucks. Telepathy, I saw her coming back, here the waitress left and she was in front of me,
‘I am sorry’ she said, achievement I know, cheers to all the boys, ‘my boyfriend just said that left handed people use both sides of their brain and are more intelligent than others’ she added, treat to all left handed people and also to her boyfriend, wait a minute did she said boyfriend? I mean then why the hell I was paying the bill? ‘And I like Ganguly’ she added again, heights, heights, heights...
‘meanwhile can you please fill the feedback form’ the waitress came back, see this is problem with these high class restaurants, they make you work, I took out the pen and as soon as I completed writing my name, the girl who was not with me shouted, ‘Sir are you left hander?’.
The girl who was with me (of course the girl already having a boyfriend) gave a pity look to the waitress then turning towards me with a look as if saying ‘Please please don’t freak out’.
Here I was, listening both the girls, saying two hundred, eleven thousand and eighty seventh times
‘Yes, I am left hander’… 

12 comments:

  1. Being a right-hander, I myself has asked the same question to many, "Are you a left hander?". But now after getting a first hand experience how a 'left-hander' actually feels like, I think I'll be more careful the next time. I'm sure to remember this post whenever I see someone writing with a left hand. This is surely one of my best posts here. Loved it! :-)

    Ritvik
    http://www.casacio.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its natural to ask if u find something different... :)

    Thanks a lot for appreciation and comment !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have twin daughters and one of them is a left-handed. Guess who encouraged her to go ahead with her left hand? In case you are wondering, I am right-handed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats off to you sir :) ...
    and as i said left handed people are far more intelligent than their counter ones...

    This post was dedicated to my tall dark handsome bro...he is left handed and smarter than rest of us ;)

    cheers to left handed people... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.. wt to say now..Being a right hander.... let me give it a shot on using my left hand.. after all even I have heard being a left hander is lucky and being brainy.. should I... guesssss naahh..!! Anyways.. loved reading your blog..and Oops! I dint get any gifts.. hope this time too a response will do...!

    It was a good read..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ramya thanks for a read :)
    hahaha, i know its quite difficult to use left hand if u r a righty...

    and as far as the gifts a concerned, 2nd and further responses are always a gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun read, and hey left or right, great sense of humor and taking life with a pinch of salt always gets you bonus points...I had great fun reading your tryst with being a left hander err I mean explaining folks that you're one ;)

    A chance stumbler, and enjoyed my stay here...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rashmi for appreciating and the bonus point too ;) ...

      hope to see u more often here... :)

      cheers to life !!

      Delete
  8. dude! are you a left handed :P

    Lovely write up! Yeah, heard left handed are brainy! then how come u like this??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a read Bro...
    thats the issue m not left handed :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too belong to the Left Hander community bro :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can understand sirji...that means u r smarter than others :D

      Delete