Monday, March 18, 2013

One of the day...

People everywhere, emotions everywhere, all kinds, laughter, tensions, excitement, nervousness, happy faces, grave faces, faces with all defined and undefined expressions; I could see all of them. Only face I could not see over there was mine, I knew what exactly I was feeling like but how it looks on my face was still to be unleashed. I was tired, after 19 hours of flight, I was excited, for being in totally new place, I was nervous, courtesy the stories of port of entry experiences, I was frustrated, as the line was moving so slow, I was eager, to call home and tell them I have reached. I still wanted to know how it looked on my face.

It took more than two hours to reach the glass window. The guy on the other side of the window was busy staring the photo on my passport; in between he would turn to me to match it. Finally he smiled and while handing my passport back he said, ‘welcome to America’. No questions asked, no answers given, I could see the reflection of myself in the glass and there was no sign of any emotion, in spite of all those feelings in my mind, I was still me. I took the passport back with a smile and next moment I was, searching my check-in luggage on the land of opportunities.

“Indian or Pakistani?’ cab driver asked while loading my baggage in the cab.

‘Does it matter?’

‘Not at all, just thought I would get an opportunity to speak hindi’ he said. I was happy to hear that. Rest of the conversation between me and Gurmail Singh was in Hindi. He was from Delhi, but settled here with his family, in fact he said he was more American as he has now spent almost twenty of his years in this country. I was eager to know more about the differences between the two countries and the answer he gave was totally satisfactory,

‘US is four times India and India four times US. Former regarding area, latter regarding population. This is what creates all the difference.’

Till the time I reached at my destination in New Jersey, day was already over. I don’t know how the day was, or maybe I know that whatever days i got, it was one of the day.

7 comments:

  1. Ηello, just wanteԁ to saу, І liked this blog post.

    It was inspiгing. Keep on postіng!

    Нere іѕ mу blοg; seo company dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. m sure more experiences will come ur way...keep posting thoose too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KP...man hats off to u...i mean seriously...u r reading its like a compliment for me in itself...

      Delete
  3. Nice to read this blog as I have been waiting for it since the day u landed there!

    And I am one of the fans of ur writing...The way u pour out ur emotions and thoughts is really amazing!

    Keep writing like this uncle..

    Yours,
    Aunty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont know wat to say.... :)
      they say if u r good...whole world seems to be good to u....

      u r no exception... :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I’m so excited that I have found this post due to the fact I’ve been searching for some info on this topic for almost 5 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Info...This is excellent post. Its having good description regarding this topic . It is informative and helpful. I have known many information from this..Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable views through this blog.. Thank You Very Much...

    ReplyDelete