Monday, June 11, 2012

profile of THE GIRL !!

Mom was more eager than me to see her future daughter-in-law. And why not after all, the girl was suggested by one of her dearest friend, one of the aunties which I have known since I started speaking the word ‘aunty’.
‘Can you do it fast?’ she asked, showing all her eagerness to have a glimpse of the girl. I was sure that aunty might have built an image of some princess, well I cannot blame her for this too, after all she is playing a part of advertiser.
‘patience patience’ I told her with a smile, as I was using just a dual core processor machine, that too with a plug in Tata photon, trying to open world’s busiest website called Facebook. If you are not aware of this site, I guess, I finally met my Stone Age ancestors.
Finally I was in front of the light blue screen, my mother, peeking into it from behind. I entered The name, in the rectangle area of the search box, which my mother gave me and was a descent one, but as some great poet and philosopher had said ‘what is there in a name’ so I am avoiding the name of both, the philosopher and the girl.
Pressed enter and a list of profiles popped out. I turned to my mother with an expression of interrogation. She was already busy with the phone dialing to the same aunty for more details so that we can shortlist the correct girl from the given list.
‘She is wearing a black top in her profile picture, some hard rock café in the background and had studied in St. Xavier College’ she said still on phone asking for some other specifications.  Hard Rock Café, St Xavier College, sounds real interesting. I have spent almost two years roaming around St. Xavier, best part is their uniform, minis and all, and I know all this because I had many friends studying there, in case your eyebrows are going up.
‘I got it’ as soon as I saw a profile matching with the specifications and next moment my mother was in charge of the laptop.
Observations
Profile picture was cool; she was posing as if for an ad shoot. I liked it.
‘Photos’ section was blocked for ones who were not in her friend list, except few clicks here and there which were sober enough for a hippy, again, I liked it.
‘About me’ section was not completely hidden, I could find a quote which said something like ‘attitude is in my blood, you mess with my attitude, you mess with me, period’ well I liked it.
‘Interests’ well this was the best part, it was completely open. I don’t remember all but I will list the top two, don’t mind if you still live in black and white world, they were, smoking hukka and enjoying vodka shots. Well what to say, may be I will also get a chance to take a puff, so I liked it.
My mother, after each section gave different expressions, which, in sequence, were something like ‘God see her dress’ ‘is this snap taken in some bar?’ ‘Oh my God’ and after the last one, well she didn’t speak anything so I can say ‘speechless of shock’ she turned and without even looking at me started towards the kitchen. I was left there laughing.
After controlling my laugh, I turned towards kitchen and shouted, ‘I liked the girl’ and I heard a sound, I guess something fell off from my mother’s hands.


9 comments:

  1. Hahaha.. I better go and make my FB profile decent ;)
    Did you mean ...to see her future daughter-in-... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for a read Lioness...and yes got it and corrected ;)
      thanks a lot... :)

      Delete
  2. ha ha ha,awesome post!Well I also liked the girl,if u r nt interested cn I?Plzzz?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for a comment buddy....
      well i nvr said i am not interested... ;)

      dont worry u will find ur soulmate one day...cheers !!

      Delete