Monday, June 25, 2012

A para from the book !!

I looked at the table which was just
behind me. Definitely there was something which was worth that much
attraction: a girl, covering herself with a nice brown shawl with some
stars as its border, hair tied beautifully in the shape of a butterfly. I
wonder why only one guy was staring her. There should be a long line of
boys for her. Although I was unable to see her face as she was facing the
other side, still one could say looking her from back that she must be
extremely beautiful. All my regrets for that man (who was sitting in
front of me) flew away and I was myself regretting why I didn’t see her
earlier. Anyway, better late than not looking her at all! Like that fellow I
also started waiting for her to turn so that we (I and that fellow) could
have a look of her angel like face. But in a few minutes I came to know
that not only me and that fellow but most of the male gender sitting over
there was waiting for her to turn. Most of the waiters were having a
close look on that table so that they could get a chance of going nearer to
her. This made me believe that whoever she was must be great looking. I
just waited there, as no one was interested looking what anyone like me
was doing there, all were interested in only beauty (that doesn’t mean I
am ugly). But as usual a horn distracted me from even seeing her. It was
from the bus stop (or I can say from bus itself).

I turned and saw headlights of the bus were shining, this was
indication that it was ready to move. At that point of time (or first time)
that bus seemed more important than the girl. Normally girls are always
priority, specially the beautiful ones. So without even turning back to her
I ran towards the bus stop. I was about to cross the door, someone just
came in front of me and caught hold of my hands. I was almost banged
on him. It took around one or two seconds to come back to normal state.
I looked above (his height was greater than six feet). I was not able to
see anything except his four feet wide body. First thing that came to my
mind was that he was definitely her boyfriend or her husband or in the
worst condition her brother. This time I didn’t have even space to run
away from a black eye. Still I had to react as early as possible. I was able
to imagine myself on that bus stop fighting with those elephant size
mosquitoes and struggling with dogs for some space to sleep beside the
dustbin. ‘Noooo…’ I shouted in my mind. And concentrated all my
energy into my 180 grams tongue just to say a single word to that
monster (in fact all boys who are brothers of beautiful girls are monsters,
that too most dangerous) “What?” This was the only word that came out
of my mouth and its volume was so low that it might have crossed the
hearing limit of 20 decibels. But I guess that his ten centimeters diameter
ears caught some of the sound waves that came out from my four
centimeters diameter mouth. He left my arm and shouted, “Money”. I
don’t know if there was a question mark or not but I was definitely not
expecting this. ‘I had just seen her, that too from back. I didn’t even see
her face and you charge for that?’ I thought. ‘It’s plain injustice. I will
go to the consumer court’ I added, in my mind.
I thought I could just sacrifice my left eye but cannot give money
just for looking her back (back means her shawl and her beautiful hairs).
But before I could tell him about consumer court he put his hand in front
of me and said “55 rupees.” “Not much.” I thought. “How much to see
the face?” I asked him directly as I had around hundred rupees extra. But
instead of giving answer he became a bit confused and started searching
for someone. Suddenly the same waiter appeared and said mechanically,
“One sandwich and an apple juice; 55 Rupees.” And same way like he
appeared, he disappeared. That monster was still staring at me. I got the
point ‘how can I forget to pay?’ I asked myself and took out the money
and kept it on his dish like hand. He shifted aside making some space for
me. I came out and started moving (in fact running) towards the bus. I
heard someone asking, “Whose face you wanted to see?” but I ignored and came forward.

P.S. Form The book - What the Hell !!...Is this a love story?? 

 

3 comments: