Saturday, April 7, 2012

A vegetarian girlfriend !!



‘Plain omelet’ I said to the man standing on the other side of the counter.
‘I heard that, you going to eat egg, you killer, you told me you will never eat non-vegetarian food and here look at you, you are such a liar, such a heartless and coldblooded murderer’ the voice shouted from the other side of the phone, which was stuck between my ear and my shoulder as my both hands were busy searching my wallet for change of three rupees. See the inflation, a single omelet is costing me thirteen rupees, oh my god, how will a poor man like me will survive in this not so poor environment, ha ha, my soul laughed at my situation. Here I was worried about inflation, but the real, more bigger, heart throbbing issue was on the other side of the phone.
‘Will you speak now? What happened to the promise you made of not eating non-veg? Tell, tell now, no boy is worth of trust’ she was still shouting, first of all I don’t understand if these girls are always alone? I mean she is shouting like hell (I know I know hell doesn’t shout, people inside hell shout), is there nobody listening her, think of me shouting, whole cafeteria will turn towards me and some girls will gaze as if I am harassing their clan. Anyway, there was no way to escape,
‘Oh common yaar, I never promised such stupid things, I just said I will not eat when you are present, isn’t it? And It’s just an egg, that too a boiler egg, if you won’t eat it, still it will never gonna produce a hen so just don’t over react’ I tried my best to avoid any more conflict between us.
‘but you did it now, you are eating it in my presence, and don’t try to wash my brain with your stupid logics, there is no way I can trust you’ Well, I just came to know a new term called virtual presence of someone, so what if she is not present with me literally but she is there on phone, inst it enough? And truly speaking, it was not the first time that I was eating while talking to her, only difference today was I forgot to keep hand on the microphone of my cell while ordering the omelet, such an irresponsible act.
Thought of what to say next to her was making life tough, but thanks to her, she came with some new way of making my life tougher, ‘see you have crossed the limit of my tolerance, you have to decide it now, either you chose me or you choose to eat some innocent life’
Next moment I walked to the counter ‘please cancel my order of omelet’ the person looked at me with a hint of surprise because I was also giving him a fifty rupee note. ‘And make it chicken burger’

8 comments:

  1. hahahah... hey you are awesome! :D So true how few girls make the life of the poor guys miserable! What's with changing the eating habits haan? I mean you have been like this forever. Then comes another torture Don't booze! Don't stay out late night, don't talk to that friend of yours I hate him.. :O :D lol =)) Loved it!

    And you have a surprise waiting for you on my blog, go check it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken burger :D
    I never understood the fuss about being the vegetarian they save some lives, dint they read the food chain in primary school? For crying out loud humans are on top of food-chain, that's our biological nature. Again it's a personal choice to be vegetarian, I was pure-veg for 20 yrs of my life, sigh! (I'm not that old, recently I turned non-veg ;) ) So the bottom line is, don't look down on non-vegetarian as killers.
    No-offense to your gf :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gayathri: thanks for appreciating :)
    and yeas i got the shock (pleasent of course)...n regarding those tortures, they are part of love (don't laugh) n care (stop laughing) n i was joking (u can laugh now ;))


    @lioness: OMG 20 years eating just ghaas foos...i wud i hv died...
    n about the offense to my GF (with a prefix of 'x'), she understood tht converting me to a veg, mushkil hi nhi namumkin hai...hehehe... thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah 20 yrs. Being a Muslim it's way too hard, you wont get anything to eat in parties and weddings, but sweets. But, this is the best part now as I turn non-veg :D
    Don't tell me you left the girl just for sake of chicken :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my friend who is also muslim but doesnt eat nonveg, so i guess its just a matter of choice...

    ok, i will not tell u that she left me for the sake of chicken hehehe...
    cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very hilarious post...I am hard core non- vegetarian and I know how it feels when someone keep you bothering about save lives etc.etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by Ruchita...
    i must say i can find many more people supporting ur comment ;)

    for statistic purpose m the first... :)

    ReplyDelete