Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The book of Faces !!



It was 2:37 in night and I was sitting like an owl, there was not a single glimpse of sleep in my over worked eyes, I guess I am in love, but then I thought maybe it’s because I slept too long this afternoon. My roommate was already fast asleep and you won’t believe what was his last sentence while going to bed. No, no it was not like ‘come to me or something’ we don’t belong to that group. And neither it was like good night nor sweet dreams, we don’t belong to that group too. He said, ‘I have put a status on facebook, don’t go to sleep before you click like on it’ yeah, now you know what category he belongs to. 
So here I was, sitting in front of laptop, with a open window having my own picture on it, laugh on your own thought if you took literal meaning of window, ha ha…it has been more than five years I have not been on this page which says ‘wall’. People who are regular will know that each day is a year, if you have missed the updates over here (nice rhyming eh?). The ‘wall’ completely changes by an era in no time, then you have to travel back using time machine (or I can say timeline) to catch hold of the history. I guess they named it ‘wall’ as they know people have a clause in their constitution to write and paste anything on other’s wall. Once my home’s walls was having advertisement which said ‘come to this doctor if you are…’ anyway we painted it once discovered; nobody in my house was having problem of myopia (and what did you thought of advertisement?). Point is you can do anything on other’s wall, including phenomenon of watering it, with your love quotes, simple jokes or a stupid updates. (Don’t blame me for writing this if you are watering your neighbor’s wall or some government building’s walls)
I started scrolling down to find where was that status update, which I was commanded to like.
What Rahul got engaged? I asked to myself when I read a feed that said, ‘Rahul has changed his status from single to committed’ surprising, I met him last week but he never told me any such thing, anyway at least I should say ‘congratulations’ on his wall. But then I realized, he was not the Rahul for whom I was thinking about, he was a Rahul, I mean someone who is added in my friend list but I am not sure why?, then having no other choice and sheer curiosity I opened his wall, he was not a friend but nephew of a friend, who is just fifteen years old and studying in, I guess, tenth grade. A tenth grade student engaged? To whom? A ninth grade girl? Or a teacher? I realized that an eight legged four fins one trunk creature was trying to enter my mouth, I closed it. There was also a picture of girl but I didn’t dare to open it (actually I didn’t want that mosquito to enter my mouth, don’t ask me to kill it, my current girlfriend is a Jain).
‘Move on’ I told myself and closed his account and was back to my own wall. Then I realized there was a red color popup on the upper right corner of the window. I am human, so naturally I clicked on it. Next moment, I spat on the wall and the poor fellow got stuck on the wall (literally) like a sticker. This all happened because I just saw a picture of my ex girlfriend with her new boyfriend, cheeks glued with each other and the worst part I was tagged in that PDA if you are not aware, it expands in public display of affection. For next five minutes I did only two things, one consoling myself that reason for the death of the small little fellow was my ex girlfriend, not me. Second, searching for the options, how to untag myself from that photograph.
‘Pheeww’ I took almost a liter of air in my lung and almost ran to do for what I was logged in here, and I was there, on my roommate's status, it said, ‘if you are habitual of saying ‘hmmm’, just say this by closing your nose’
I immediately closed my nose with my right hand and damn…(Please don’t try, hmmm) I clicked on the like button and puff, logoff, i dont want any more shocks as I am very much worried for the small little creatures and by surfing more on facebook, I might definitely kill, if not all, at least few of them.
I right clicked on the desktop, selected a new word document, it took four minutes and forty one second, to name it, then I double clicked it after typing ‘The book of faces’…
       

4 comments:

  1. As usual, I was laughing all the time I was reading this. Great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks a lot dude for a read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have known this one WTF- Welcome to facebook :D
    I'm not sure to laugh or to be sad for you. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. its on the person how he expands it :)
    you can laugh....i already knew this... ;)

    ReplyDelete