Friday, March 30, 2012

Stop laughing !!


What have you achieved? Have you ever given a thought on this? What is our motive in life? Just going office, doing some crap work, coming home and watching TV, is that all the purpose of our souls? Think of it? You have not been given a life just to waste here; we have been given this life to do something, to achieve something. Wake up you all, find something, invent, discover. This is what, Man is…
And he stopped in between. My heart skipped a beat as he glared straight in my direction. I looked my right in hope that he was staring my bench mate, all hope died. On a positive note I turned left to see if at all he is staring the one sitting my left. Bingo, poor guy had raised his hand. What? I shouted in my mind, ‘raised his hand?’ I immediately turned to my right and asked, ‘what’s wrong?’ ‘I told him not to taste the ‘Old Monk’ which my uncle bought and was kept in the fridge’ he explained. I bit my lips, stuck my nails in my arm, and pressed my left toe with right leg just to stop myself bursting into laugh. Unfortunately, along with being bench mates here,  we all were roommates too and his uncle was an army man, just came to visit him and the rum was not for us but was kept there only to get chilled. ‘Whoa, we are dead now, that too in an auditorium full of staring eyes’ I thought.
It was my idea to attend this motivational interacting session, I knew all three of us needed some real motivation, also something to pass time on a boring weekend and the best part was that it was free of cost…real motivation behind it.
‘Yes my son, what is your doubt’ the speaker said almost kissing the microphone. I saw a volunteer running towards us holding a mike in hand. He handed over the mike to him and sat near the stairs. I bumped my head and asked my other friend to close his mouth; he closed and said, ‘I hate my uncle’. I repeated the procedure which helps in stopping the laugh.
‘There is no doubt at all, I just wanted to share with all that I am not like rest of you here. I am special. I have found something and I have discovered something’ I was able to see hundreds of eyes on him already, curious enough to peek out from the skull, just waiting for the achievement, our underachiever roommate has achieved.
After a pause of unbarring few seconds, he started again, ‘I have invented something which can make you look through a wall…’ my mouth went open, I turned to the right, ‘he never told us something of this kind’ instead of giving an answer he just bumped his head and murmured, ‘he got this forwarded message in the morning, we are dead’
Meanwhile the speaker asked ‘and what is that invention my child?’ ‘Window’ was the reply.
All attempt to stop myself laughing, failed and next moment we all were standing on the street, no prizes for the write answer, we were thrown out of the auditorium. Next moment two of them were standing face to face, staring each other, I was still struggling to control my laugh.
‘What did I do? Anyway the lecture was quite boring’ he said, I was laughing like hell, telling myself to stop laughing…

4 comments:

  1. loved it! Your sense of humour is lovely..!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...
    Sometimes lamest jokes shared with friends can end in tears of laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true it is...we laugh at things which might not even be to laugh for it.. thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete