Sunday, July 29, 2012

The trust...we are losing it...



Where are we heading with such a media who instead of addressing the truth, is busy manipulating and hiding it. Only creating headlines and rising TRP has become whole and sole business of today’s news channels. I understand the tough competition has made them crabs, who try to pull each other’s leg, but in current scenario, it has lost whole purpose of its existence, which is ‘to bring the truth in front of people’  
I was watching a show called ‘seedhi baat’ which gets telecast on one of the most popular entertainment channel ‘Aaj Tak’ (you can sue me for not calling it a news channel, I just don’t care). Now there is a guy Rahul Kanwar (I unfollowed him on twitter), host of the show, taking interview of arguably the most popular person in India Anna Hazare. Anna is currently on a fast in favor of a strong Lokpal Bill, so no doubt that this interview was being telecast irrespective of when this episode was shot live.
‘Do you think Congress government is not opting for a strong lokpal bill?’ Rahul kanwar asked politely.
‘why such question? We all can see that’ anna replied on a stupid question indeed.
‘So you are against Congress. And which means you are supporting BJP as we all know enemy of an enemy is a friend’ see how the person is trying trick.
‘I am not saying that, in fact as far as I can see no party is capable of fighting corruption as they all are involved in the chain. Our parliament need good people, there must be an alternate option for people of India to vote for’  
‘Alternate option means you are saying you are going to create a political party against Congress and BJP’ on this question I felt like abusing Rahul for twisting the statement. Meanwhile breaking news starts flashing on the screen ‘Anna hints of creating a new political party’. Bravo Aaj Tak.
‘No No I am not saying that I will create a new party or fight an election. It’s not against any party, its against corruption. I am saying that people, good people should come ahead with a new party, which will be corruption free and will work for country rather than themselves. I will support such party, I will support those good people.’  Now we can see instead of putting his own thoughts and issues, poor guy started justifying things which were just creation of Mr. Rahul Kanwar.
‘So what will be the name of this Anna’s party?’
‘I am saying this will not be my party, it will be people’s party’ he explained again.
‘Okay, so what will be the name of this people’s party whose leader is Anna Hazare?
I almost threw the remote on the TV. See how this people manipulate things and create breaking news out of it. Not sure how Anna Hazare was feeling about it but I was feeling sad about the situation and I am sure however was watching, will be in sync with my thoughts. This is not just one; there are almost similar incidences in every news.  I remember once in an interview Sachin Tendulkar was asked about some statement given by Sehwag. I saw him saying that ‘I am not aware of the statement’. Next day there was breaking news flashing which said, ‘Tendulkar says he is not aware of things in dressing room’ and the video clip played the part of sentence which he has said, ‘I am not aware’. So for all those, who didn’t watch the complete interview, were being fed by news which in reality does not exist.

I don’t know what the solution is. I am not aware if anything positive can be done about it or not. I don’t know if a news is being telecast, what part of it is true and if at all there is any truth. I am losing my trust in media, in system, in government. May be it is the same with all those who have left out the word ‘India’ from all the positives. May be that is the reason ‘India’ for us has become only a word, to be criticized, to be blamed, to be harassed….The trust in India, I guess we are losing it….  

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on this Veenu ;) :P
    Its is really frustrating to see this happen and I hv started loathing all news channels now.I prefer reading newspaper to have an idea but alas what's left out....Evrything is corrupted and who is there to change? Everyone is busy in their own lives and meagre problems to deal with which are a result of the corruption.I have this friend who said that this power cut in 7 states was a govt plot to distract people's attention from Anna Hazare movement.It put me to thought.I found it stupid to believe but then if you want to convince yourself there is every reason to be convinced that might be the case.The present situation of the country is so worrying.It really bothers a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 0_o for calling me veenu :P

      well m sure a lot of people will agree with you, infact to add into it even Pune blasts are being associated with a distraction into IAC movement...God forbid if the situation remains the same we all will lose trust into the system...we just want an independent media...not a paid and manipulated one...

      Delete