Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It happens...


I am not sure whether others also have faced similar issues in their life, but there are quite a large number of such incidents in my journey. One thing I am sure about them that they are completely out of control and partially dependent on the mindset and experience of others. You want this to happen or not, is a different case, point is, it happens…
‘Listen, I will not be there when you come back from school, aunty will be there but don’t trouble her much. I will come back around 7’ my mom said to me while I was leaving for school. I came back and kept my bag in the self, normally if mom is at home I won’t bother to do so and my bag will be left on the sofa itself until she shouts and keeps it back on the self. Now it was time to put something in my stomach. I saw aunty was busy with some work in her room. I remembered my mom saying not to trouble her much, so I went directly to kitchen and took myself whatever was there to eat. I felt happy that I didn’t have to trouble my aunt. Later when my mom came I heard my aunty saying, ‘he took the food all by himself and not even bothered to ask me, maybe he thought I will serve him less’. What was that? I was shocked. There was nothing now I can do, it was already done, and you never know how a person will interpret your act, well only thing I was able to tell myself was, ‘it happens…’
‘Come I will drop you home’ we were coming out of the college and my friend who bought a new bike asked to drop me home. I sat on the back seat and he drove with a speed of 70-80. Just the next turn and there was my home. He stopped the bike and said, ‘wait I will by a cigarette and then will drop you home’. I said ‘ok’ only thing was that the shopkeeper knew my father, so he knew me too. But as my friend was going to buy the cigarette, I thought it will not be any issue. My friend came back in few minutes. I saw the strange look on the face of the shopkeeper, he was continuously staring me and then I saw my friend holding two cigarettes in his hand and saying, ‘one for later you know’. Oops, the shopkeeper might have thought the second one is for me. I thought of going and explaining him but then I thought it might not convince him, well only thing I was able to tell myself was, ‘it happens…’   
                                         
‘Do you know her?’ every time I was logging to facebook the question was flashing on the screen. Yes, I knew her and we have also talked with each other sometimes but I was not sure whether or not she remembers me. I thought of sending a friend request but then I thought she will think I am a jerk. So I just dropped a message, giving some of my details so that if at all she remembers me can reply or send a friend request, if not just ignore. Later I came to know that my message also has bothered her so much that she thought I am a jerk. Well I understood that if at all a boy is taking the first step, however descent the step is, the girl will think the boy is a jerk. I tried to explain it but slowly I got that it is of no use and only thing I was able to tell myself was, ‘it happens…’
‘Oh my god’ I saw fuel pipe of my bike was open from one end and the petrol was flowing like river Ganga flowing out of lord Shiva’s hair. For long people were talking about someone stealing the fuel from bikes. I was the victim this time. Anyway it was no big deal, just I had to plug in the pipe back to the fuel tank and I was done with that. As soon as I was ready to put on the gear, I saw the bike parked beside me was having the same condition and the River Ganga was coming out from there too. I put my bike on stand and went to fix it too, my bad, just then the owner of the bike showed up and stood on my head. I was there holding the pipe in my hand. ‘Somebody was trying to steal the fuel’ I said helplessly. There was zero probability that he would have convinced. Till date whenever he sees me, stares, only thing I am able to tell myself is, ‘it happens…’
‘Hell’ I spilled the mug of coffee while writing this post. Before I can think of cleaning it, a girl was almost going to step on that spilled coffee. I immediately stretched my leg so that she can see it and cross it but unfortunately she got stuck in my foot and in the next moment she was talking to the floor. ‘I am so sorry, I was just…’ I tried to convince her but before I can complete my sentence, she stood up and said, 'shut up you idiot', i saw the complete odc staring at me and some of them cursing too, instead of shutting my mouth, I said, ‘shit happens’, Well I meant, ‘it happens…’

5 comments:

  1. Yeah right shit happens!!! But its better to speak the truth each time no matter if the person at other end trusts you or not.It is their take.They are losing out not you.And yes,nice post Vineet.Quite liked it!!! :) Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if we dont get a chance to speak the truth...
    as i said then thr is only one thought... 'it happens'... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with what you said, Afterall "it happens.." and with everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know Ritvik...thr can be many more to pen down...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so interesting! I don't believe I've read through something
    like this before. So great to find someone with some genuine thoughts on this issue.
    Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.
    This web site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!


    Review my homepage elder scrolls online gameplay

    ReplyDelete