Sunday, February 19, 2012

He must know...

15th of February, night 9:25, I kept the phone. I was blank with the thoughts. This is happening more often in my not so lengthy life. I just came at my room. Switched on the tv and sat in front of it. My eyes staring on the tv but not able to see, not able to hear. My mind was not with my body. That phone has changed a lot in last few minutes.

‘Don’t leave the clutch so fast, engine will stop’ he used to shout at me. He used to bring his friend’s bike to teach me driving. He was not my real brother but i had someone to call my elder brother. He was son of my father’s sister, staying with us. According to his family he was just good for nothing. And he was sent to my home because he was afraid of my father; they thought staying with my father will keep him under control. Well this perception was not totally baseless as he has never ever listened to anyone; he was a child of freedom, he himself was the freewill, may be this is why people; even his own parents didn’t like him. He was staying with us, helping my father in business and staying away from his freewill. I liked his way of seeing things, his attitude and many more incidences which we have shared together. He wanted to do something on his own without any support without any help. He has never gone to school but was having a sharp mind. He has broken all the unsaid and undefined rules of society, which resulted in society not liking him not favoring him but he never cared about it.

And finally one day he left us all, no one knew where he was gone, he was just gone. My father tried to find him, but he failed. His family was not even bothered for him. In fact I felt that they were happy that he was gone. One day I got a call from some unknown number. He was him. He called me and asked about everyone and he said that he was working in some firm. I was happy for him too but while saying good bye he took a promise to me that I will not tell anyone about this call. He never called again. Nobody knows where he is and how he is.

Now it has been more than one year to that call. But today this call again made me think about him. I tried the same number from which he had called me but it was out of reach. I wanted to talk to him. It does not matter what he has done to his family, to his father or whatever wrong he has done to everyone, thing is he must know this, he must be informed of this news that, ‘today, his father has died…’

2 comments: