Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom's sense of humor !!


I never thought of that, but after so many years have passed and when I look back to my childhood or she herself tells me how she taught me to do something, I realize that my mother has a great sense of humor.
‘If you don’t get up from the floor and I can’t see you sitting on the sofa, then be sure that I am going to make you wash your brother’s butt, once he is done and believe me its time for him to answer natures call’ what else option was left for me, after this, one could see me sitting on the sofa and my mother could be found laughing.
Like all others, even I was having fear for injections, but she always knew the trick to make me go to hospital without any trouble. ‘There will be a hole and I bet you will not be able to find it’ she will tell me while entering the hospital. ‘Oh forget it mom, I have the best eyes in the whole class’ I will reply proudly. ‘So where is hole?’ I will ask then she will say ‘they are going to make in your back’ and I will be like ‘holy shiiii….cow’, but it is already too late and while coming back, I will be searching for the hole that they made in my left butt. She will say laughing ‘Game over’
‘Let’s see how long you can keep your mouth open’ she will sit in front of me and I will be like you don’t know me yet, I never lose any bet, mouth open to extreme. She will start brushing my teeth. ‘This is cheating’ I used to shout. ‘This is hard level game; you have to face these hurdles’ ‘huh?’ ‘You need practice, try yourself, then I will test your strength’ I am already in the trap and she will look from far, I am busy brushing my teeth, well nice trap mother.
She will be standing on the gate when the school bus comes to pick me up and she will ask ‘what will you do when the girl next to you is crying because she has not done her homework?’ and I will be like, ‘I will offer her….oops I forgot the hanky’ I will run back to her and she will put it in my pocket. Believe me, I never forget to have a hanky with me, you never know when the girl next to you might cry, wink.
‘So you are not getting sleep?’ ‘No mom’ ‘okay then let’s play the game of finding the hole’ ‘damn, I am feeling so much sleepy’ she will kiss my forehead and laugh.  

'What if you forget your girlfriend's birthday?' she called me and said. 'I know, happy mother's day mom...' i replied with a guilt of not calling her before her call. 'did i mentioned that?' she said, i know she was smiling. 'Mom, i know you from more than twenty six years now' she laughed again, a laugh worth a life.

Hats off to you, mom, I never got to know from where you got this sense of humor, but for sure I have definitely got this from you. You are a complete university for me, happy mother’s day, year and life…

       

6 comments:

  1. Your Mum is so fun to be with ;)
    I was able to share a hug with Mum on this mother's day :)
    My Supermom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes she is....
      lucky you to be with your mom the day...m jealous... :)

      thanks for a read... :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and sweet post.
    I just smiled and could relate reading through the lines. Great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ritvik...glad u could relate to it :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post,so you! and now we know you are so much like your Mom :P The post made an arc arched upwards on my face as it always does :) Keep scribbling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice comment, so is you!
      well i just love wen someone says i m like my mom.....keep ur arc upwords always....

      thanks a lot for a read and a beautiful comment... :)

      Delete