Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last day of Year !!

It was last day of the year 2010. This time it was different, different a lot. Clock was showing 10:14 of the night, still two hours left of this year. Whole world was ready to welcome the New Year, everyone having plans of their own. But for me it was just a call which made all the difference. I was not even able to tell my father that he has just lost his mother. Just twelve days passed when my mother lost her father now it was for my father to face the situation.
What an irony. They were 1600 kilometers away from him when my nana died and now again they are 1600 kilometers away when dadi left us. I saw him. He was not crying. He is a strong man. But I was able to see his stoned eyes. I never saw him being weak, but I guess this was day. Dadi was the only one who has made him what he is today. A widow lady alone had faced the world just for her two children, one of them, my father. She was gone and at her last moment we were not with her, my father was not with her. I saw my mother cursing herself for not talking to her on phone last night, she was helpless now. Only thing she can do was cry, just cry.
It has been a year now. One more New Year eve has made all the past fresh. I don’t know if I will be able to celebrate the New Year in future but I am sure that whenever the world will enter a new year, the entire last night of 2010 will be in the back of my mind.
The last day of New Year is the last memory of my Dadi, for whom I was the favorite grandchild and she wanted me to be with her at her last moment. I failed.
Last day of the year will always remind me of my failure…

No comments:

Post a Comment