Tuesday, November 15, 2011

When time comes, you dont show up!!

‘You don’t have any right to complain about it. No one else, but It’s you who is responsible for all this because when time comes, you don’t show up’ I heard a news reporter shouting on a very fast news channel. I changed the channel to the one which keeps you ahead. A famous Marathi politician saying, ‘These so called educated people will be the first to hold a candle and walk on the street, but when it comes to vote, they are busy sleeping and enjoying the holiday’
Every north east west south channel was telecasting the same issue, ‘Educated India not voting’. I switched off the tv. No, I was not bored of the news but I switched it off because I was also one of the culprits. Well, I can say I am far away from the place where I am authorized to vote, but who cares of that?
So now the topic diverts to how people vote in India? There you go…
I read somewhere that literacy rate in India is 74.04%. So we got two categories of voters, Literate and illiterate. But literacy means just ability to read and write. So this again divides in two categories, literate and properly educated. We can add an extra column which says celebrity Voter (I believe every voting area has some celebrities)
Mr. Illiterate
Mindset: They will make lord Rama’s temple, Lord Rama will hail us all. Dr. Ambedekar is God and this party is his messenger, no one else cares for us. They destroyed our holy mosque, we will never ever vote them, just check any of other party is having contestant from our caste? I am Marathi, I am Gujarati, I am Bengali. My father loved Gandhi, somebody said, ‘but they are not from his family’, so what? They are Gandhi.
Result: All of them cast their Vote.
Mr. Literate
Mindset: Hopefully this time again they will distribute money when my daughter clears HSC. The other party will bring a stay on all policies of the current party, so maybe my shop will be saved from demolition. He is my friend’s uncle; he can help my son for getting admission in so and so college. All politicians are corrupt; there is no one whom we can vote.
Result: 80% Mr. Literates Vote in favor of their greed.
Mr. Educated
Mindset: We need a local public school, which can provide poor children some education. There is a huge problem with the electricity and water supply. Roads are getting worst day by day. Corruption all over, over system is worse, what is government doing for us? We have to find someone who is well educated, can understand these issues and also can work on these lines.
Result: 90% people just think, and enjoy the sleep, Vote? What’s that? We have more important work to do.
Mr. Celebrity
Mindset: Am I groomed properly? Is this shirt will look good on me? Hopefully media will be present when I get there.
Result: They vote, come out and show their middle finger in front of the camera so that all should know Oh! Mr. Celebrity had casted his Vote.
The most important group, which knows the real issue and which is above all the castes and above all personal greed and can think about the society and its welfare, does not vote.
Moral of the story?
Well, it is the first line of this article, ‘You don’t have any right to complain about it. No one else, but It’s you who is responsible for all this because when time comes, you don’t show up’

3 comments:

  1. I agree, most educated people stay away from voting.. not good

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know and that is what the issue is...if we dont vote then the selections is based on caste and greed, which ends in bad selection...

    hope people will realize this soon...

    and last but not the least 'THANKS for a comment' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But whom shud i vote for if i don't find any candidate apt enuf? I wud like to thus vote for myself :D

    ReplyDelete