Monday, March 3, 2014

Ice-cream !!

Seven degree below freezing point is the temperature outside and there is no way I could write this post with heater on or windows closed. Only reason I am able to write it, is because of this freezing temperature. I hope it continues and it never comes above zero, after all now it’s a matter of survival.

A day ago

After an overnight snowstorm, morning was calm and sunny, a perfect day for skiing. We, a bunch of friends were already geared up. Everything was fine this weekend, except her, she came with one of our friend, the moment I saw her I felt a strange vibe around. Though she looked normal but her blue green eyes were freaking me out. While we all were enjoying, she just stood around the corner and watched us. I tried hard to avoid, but there was something that made me throw frequent glares on her.

The first chance I got alone, I inquired my friend about her. He said he just met her last evening in a club and it was her who came to him, so he just invited her for our skiing outing and she agreed. ‘Isn't it Weird?’ I asked him. ‘I mean look at her, as if she is a witch or something, continuously chanting under closed lips’ 

‘Don’t be a freak’ ‘this is not India, here girls can approach you and there is nothing weird about her’ he just hushed me, with all his available logic, i was stumped. May be he was right.

After we were done, she came to us carrying a small wooden bucket which was full of ice-creams. Some of them took it and some didn't, I was the one belonging to the group who didn't. I am not a big fan of ice-creams, especially if it’s already freezing outside. I could have taken one if it was an Indian summer, but not here. Once she was done asking everyone she turned again to me and offered one again.

‘I am sorry, but I don’t want, it makes me cold’ ‘please just have a small one’ she said and I already felt pushed. ‘No Thank you’ I replied this time bit firm. ‘I insist’ she said. Now it was already a scene and everyone around was eager, I tried once more, ‘No seriously, thank you but I don’t want one’ I was as polite as I could be. She put the ice-cream back into the bucket and started walking to the parking.

Next minute, I was a victim of clod stare from my friends. ‘what’s wrong with you?’ ‘you should have taken it’ ‘she was insisting you dude’ all these sentences were fired at me. I had no defense and before I could say anything we saw her coming back. This time she had a different cup of ice-cream. 
She came to me and stretched her arms offering it, ‘try this, I bet you will never forget this ice-cream your whole life’. Now I was bombed with more stares, there was no other option but to accept this offer. I took it. Everyone smiled. She smiled. But her smile was not a smile of happiness; it was a victory smile, which I understood now. Her eyes gave a sparkle the moment I had the first bite from it.

After that there was nothing else, just her eyes staring into mine, we came back and I felt so tired, went to sleep, her eyes were still there. I felt my whole body freezing. I opened my eyes just to find whole bed wet and watery. I felt my skin has become softer, so soft that I could poke it through my fingers. I ran towards the heater and switched it off. It didn't help. I ran towards the fridge, threw everything out of it and made space for myself. Sitting inside the refrigerator, when my body started to get stiff, I realized it was real. 

Her eyes sparkled in front of me; I could see her smile while offering the ice-cream. I looked at myself; I could see the same color of the ice-cream. My mind repeated the warning she gave, 'I bet you will never forget this ice-cream your whole life' 


Warning:  The girl has been never found; If you see any girl with blue green eyes, Never ever accept an ice-cream from her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment