Tuesday, August 13, 2013

She !!


She kept weeping, so much that her body has started struggling for each gasp. Each breath was as if hiccups have increased its extent. Lady Constable was constantly trying to comfort her by rubbing her back and offering glass of water.

‘This is too much sir, we must file this complain and take those animals to court’ constable said to inspector who was stationed in front of her, staring at her burned hand and cursing the fate of this poor woman. Society is still not grown up. They still treat women as if they are their own possession. Beating their wife is still a matter of manhood for those who are not able to digest their equality.

‘I thought they would realize, my care for them will change them one day, but today when they tried to burn me alive. I was left with no other choice but to come here with my plea’ she said controlling her tears. ‘I have done all to save my marriage. Today, with no reason at all they all just shot on me, first my husband kicked me and punched me while my father-in-law was shouting from the corner of the room and suddenly my mother-in-law came with a burning stick and kerosene and tried to burn me alive, it was then I ran out of the house and came here.’ She said and again started crying.

One of the constables was busy scribbling the story on a paper. Once he was done he came to the lady. She took the paper and signed it without even reading it.
‘Let’s get them here’ The Inspector signaled other constables and next moment they left for the address given by the lady.

It was quiet in the police station; only evident sound was sobs of the lady. There were few people gathered outside the gate to know more about the case, some of them were media staff as they knew they were going to get something to fill in tomorrow’s newspaper.

They saw the jeep coming back, this time with extra three members. They all were almost dragged inside the station, mother crying loudly, father horrified. They all were pushed in the corner. Inspector stood in front of them observing. He could see burn marks on her mother-in-law, also bleeding forehead of her husband.

‘What do you think, you are?’ shouted the inspector, holding the collar of her husband. ‘Sir, whatever she was saying, is a lie.’ Gulping his own saliva, her husband started,’ Sir, It’s her who want a separate life. It’s her who wants my parents to leave the house. It’s her…’ It all went silent, a huge slap, tearing his skin to bleed was enough to make everything silent. I drop of tear rolled out of his red turned eye.
Inspector turned to the lady constable, gesturing her to take the woman to her home. She stood up and started to the door. All three of them were watching her leave and then from the corner of eye she saw her husband. As soon as their eyes met, she winked…

Another tear rolled out of his eyes. Only good thing which happened today was that he was able to save her mother from the fire.

5 comments:

  1. Now a days Women have been empowered with so many laws and regulations that the scenario is becoming difficult to judge. Ill effect of the past...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post uncle...But the sad reality is ,its still the other way round only...women do suffer and men well...Only the other or I should rather say the minor section of society experiences of what you mentioned in your blog. :) But it's your style of writing and I loved it as always :)

    -Yours,
    Aunty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i somehow knew that whenever you would read it, will get similar comment... ;)
      and yes these incidences are just drop in ocean...and ocean is still full of incidences which are other way round...

      thanks a lot for being a regular reader :)

      Delete